Upholstery Technician Sr
Work independently to design, fabricate, and install upholstery and trim items in aircraft interiors. Assist Shop Lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance and direction to co-workers. Mentor and train other Upholstery Technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions: 1. Fabricate and install seat covers, curtains and various assemblies and subassemblies. 2. Interpret material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements. 3. Sew, fabricate, and install covers for all styles of panels in the aircraft interior while meeting safety, quality, and productivity standards and goals. 4. Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work. 5. Work with design/drawings to cut and install advanced custom design carpets with unique patterns.
- Additional Functions: 1. Accept Lead responsibilities when needed. Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians. 2. Conduct safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits. 3. Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs. 4. Comply with and champion Safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and ensure the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP). 5. Mentor and train lesser skilled technicians and monitor their work to ensure they complete assigned tasks in accordance with required levels of safety, quality and productivity. 6. Work with Lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements reduce material cost, cycle time, and labor hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools. 7. Perform other duties as required.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED. Four (4) years of experience in upholstery to include two (2) years aircraft upholstery experience. Advanced knowledge of upholstery and sewing processes and products and/or advance carpet knowledge including being able to install custom carpets.
- Other Requirements: 1. Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection and process specifications and terminology. 2. The ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language. 3. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation. 4. Must be computer literate. 5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Unique Skills:
- Prior Aviation Upholstery Experience Preferred
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.Constant Cash:
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.