Upholstery Technician I
Under moderate supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions: 1. Perform technical upholstery functions within design, customer, FAA, and Gulfstream specifications. Specific installation and trim tasks are to be completed in compliance with work order instructions and specifications. 2. Fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, windows, cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads, fabricate various metal parts, and covering and installation of panels. 3. Create carpet patterns per design drawings and complete installation. 4. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Additional Functions: 1. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED. Entry level position. Experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades is preferred.
- Other Requirements: 1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language. 2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation. 3. Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations. 4. Must be computer literate. 5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.Constant Cash:
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.