Upholstery Tech II
Under minimal supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions: 1. Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels and curtains. May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications. 2. Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools. 3. Cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels. May be responsible to fabricate various metal parts, fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, and windows. 4. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Additional Functions: 1. Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Manufacturing and other process improvement techniques. 2. Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demands, track squawks and to sign-off work. 3. Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required. 4. Address unsafe conditions before putting others as risk. 5. Performs other duties as required.
- Unique Skills:
- Upholstery experience preferred. To include one or more of the following skillsets: sewing, foam fabrication, dress cover installation, assembly and/or mechanical abilities, carpet. Looking for self driven and highly motivated individuals who are able to adapt to a changing and fast paced production environment that is quality driven.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED. Two (2) years experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades. Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Other Requirements: 1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language. 2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation. 3. Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations. 4. Must be computer literate. 5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.Constant Cash:
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.