Sheetmetal Mechanic II
Perform a basic to advanced level skilled work to accomplish sheet metal repairs and replacements of structural parts. Fabricate replacement covering, panels, or fairings by using the removed parts as samples. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- MUST have commercial aircraft experience
- Cleans corrosion and treats metal surfaces per the manufacturer’s instructions and specifications.
- Performs basic sheet metal repairs and replacement of structural parts using the following skills:
- Use measuring instruments such as rulers and grip gauges
- Utilize hand and powered tools such as hammers, chisels, hand snips, band and circle saws, drill presses, squaring shears and brakes to cut and form
- Ability to assemble parts by, bolting, screwing, and riveting
- Determine different types of fasteners used by symbol
- Remove and install minor components of aircraft structure or systems such as fairings, cargo liners, cargo floors and access panels
- Ability to repair minor or secondary structure per the manufactures SRM
- Fabricates replacement covering, panels, or fairings by using the removed parts as samples.
- Performs repairs of a cosmetic nature in passenger cabin interiors.
- Performs and demonstrates understanding of sealing procedures of aircraft structures.
- Performs bonded repairs of honeycomb structures as instructed.
- Identifies the locations of pressurized areas of aircraft.
- Opens and closes areas on the aircraft that are required to be open for inspection.
- Applies corrosion preventatives and maintains knowledge of areas of the aircraft in which corrosion inhibiting liquids may not be applied.
- Possesses working knowledge of ATA Codes (Chapter and Subchapters) as well as aircraft zones, narrow body airframe familiarization, and industry standards.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals. Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs. Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- MUST have 3+ years experience on Commercial Aircraft to be considered.
- Bring tools
About Our Client:
Our client provides heavy maintenance and repair services to the commercial aviation industry. It offers maintenance services that include drop-in maintenance, line maintenance, major and minor structural repairs, engine changes, QEC changes, stage III, and landing gear changes, as well as A, B, C, and D checks; and battery refurbishment, sheet metal fabrication, repairs, and welding. The company also provides avionics modifications, fire-smoke detection and suppression systems, structural modifications and upgrades, winglet installations, passenger to freighter conversions, fuel tank repairs, and interior reconfiguration; aircraft stripping and painting services;
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.