The Sheet Metal Mechanic is responsible for assembling and/or repairing of aircraft parts, components, subsystems and operating systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, disassembly and repair of flight controls, structures, stabilizers, nacelles, exhaust and other aircraft parts.
- Reads work instructions including production planning, engineering drawings, full size Mylar layouts, process specifications and other technical documentation to insure proper detail configuration.
- Determines dimensions to layout holes patterns, install clips, brackets, nut plates and like items.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material with or without templates or shop aides to develop or back drill hole patterns on composite, sheet metal and mechanical parts.
- Trims sheet metal and composite parts to fit and files, grinds, deburrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces.
- Installs assemblies in assembly jigs, fixtures or other tooling according to work instructions.
- Assembles parts into subassemblies and final assemblies using basic hand tools such as, drill motors, die grinders, sanders, polishers, rivet shavers and other like tools.
- Drills holes of varying sizes in detail parts and subassemblies according to work instructions.
- Installs blind rivets, Jo-Bolts, hilocks, huck bolts, solid rivets and bolts, drives and bucks rivets to attach and assemble detail parts to structural parts and complete subassemblies to written and verbal work instructions.
- Inspects completed assemblies for conformance to specifications.
- Completes and maintains necessary paperwork for documenting processes performed.
- Minimum 5 years of Structures Experience
- Experience repairing Nacelles, preferred
- Experience in repair not manufacturing
- High School Diploma or GED
About Our Client:
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, our partner is one of the world’s largest commercial aerospace firms with over 1.0 billion in assets under management. They are at the forefront of the aviation market, distinctly positioned to offer cutting edge products and services that meet growing industry. Our client has grown to become a world-leading commercial aviation company. They have developed comprehensive solutions that add value and provide significant cost savings for their customers.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.