Aircraft Sheetmetal Mechanic (Contract)
The Sheetmetal Mechanic will troubleshoot, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft sheet metal components, composites and hydraulics. Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to clients General Work Requirements
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures, participate in 5-S activities and perform work in a safe and timely manner.
- Remove / install aircraft components as required
- Fabricate and or modify structural modifications on aircraft parts
- Perform minor structural repairs on composite components either attached or detached
- Assist in conducting hidden damage inspection of aircraft structures
- Assist with complex structural repairs either on or off aircraft
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations as required
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- Assist in wing removal as required
- Assist maintenance as required
- Inspect confined areas of airframe
- Assist in designing, modifying and welding metal fixtures as required
- Assist in providing time estimates as required
- Fabricate sheet and/or composite components
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of structural sheet metal repair / modification experience or substantiated similar experience
- You have an A Certification, or A & P Certificate or Repairman Certificate
- You have completed Sheet metal A/C Tech school or equivalent schooling
- You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You own Basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory & control of tools
- You must obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
- You have the ability to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You have the ability to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) (If applicable)
- You have basic PC skills
- You have minimum of 1 years of corporate / commercial jet experience
- You have the demonstrated ability to train other employees
About Our Client:
For over 130 years our client innovative and integrated solutions have demonstrated our commitment to creating a positive social impact around the globe. Our range of products and services are tailored to meet our customers’ evolving needs across the commercial aviation, energy, transportation and infrastructure, machinery, defense and space systems sectors.
Our culture embraces diversity and cooperation, and we promote a healthy balance of professional and personal development, ensuring that your ideas and expertise are valued and respected.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.