Aircraft Sheetmetal Mechanic (Contract)
The Sheetmetal Mechanic is responsible for high proficiency in all minor through major repairs, modifications, E.A.s, and with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove and replace various aircraft components with the use of special tooling and ground support equipment following oral and written instructions such as supervisor’s directives and manuals to complete all routine and non-routine assignments in a timely manner.
- Proficient detail blueprint reading, ability to read, interpret and work from service bulletins, engineering work orders, major S.R.M. structural repairs.
- Ability to layout work using bend radius, set back and bend allowance charts, utilization of shop math, install and/or splice spars, landing gear, trunion changes, pressure bulkhead repairs and keal beam repairs/ removal and reinstall.
- Knowledge of ATA codes, knowledge of all applicable F.A.R.’s and company policies and procedures including job card/ time card, routine/ non-routine cards, S.R.M.’s, service bulletins, E.O.’s, and work sign-off/ sell-off procedures.
- Perform the duties of and provide the necessary training for lower skill levels.
- Maintain and store tools in a serviceable condition.
- Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep a clean work area.
- Maintain and supply personal records of work performed on OJT forms for the Training Department.
- Successfully complete any courses deemed necessary by the Training Department.
- Perform any work that may be assigned by his or her supervisor.
- 5 years of heavy maintenance experience on the A300 aircraft
- Experience in the performance of EOs, and SBs
- 3 years of experience in the performance of repairs associated with wings and pylons
- Good working knowledgeable of SRMs and IPCs
- Must have minimum required tools.
- Tools must be etched
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Candidates must report on first day with 2 forms of acceptable identification to verify employment eligibility. Applicants should plan on one week of orientation/training upon arrival APA offers on site representation Food trucks available daily onsite.
About Our Client:
Our Client is located at Brookley Aeroplex in Mobile, Alabama, and Pensacola, FL, at the Pensacola International Airport. They are a renowned provider of aircraft maintenance and modification (AMM) services for commercial airlines and air freight operators. They meet their customers' requirements by providing a full spectrum of high-quality, reliable, and timely AMM and engineering solutions. Our client has the know-how and experience to comprehensively manage complex projects, ensuring the customers' aircraft operate safely and efficiently.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.