Sheetmetal Mechanic II
A Sheetmetal Mechanic II is responsible to inspect, overhaul, repair, modify, and troubleshoot airframe parts, systems, and components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly proficient in fabrication, drilling, bucking, shooting rivets, cold working, corrosion/damage removal, flap peening and jacking/shoring aircraft.
- Significantly experienced with using technical data and drawings to locate part numbers and complete all repairs.
- Dependability- Preform all tasks accurately in a fast paced environment, has commitment to all Company values and ethics and is very detail oriented.
- Initiative- Organizes work tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for complex problem solving and to seek additional responsibilities. Individuals must maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Analytical skills- Must be able to quickly gather information and use raw data to determine cause and effect of repairs on aircraft.
- Communication- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- MUST PASS A SHEETMETAL TEST
- Minimum of 2 years-experience preferred on aircraft as a structure/sheet metal mechanic. FAA Airframe and Powerplant License preferred but not required. Airliner size aircraft experience is preferred. Military aircraft experience is desirable
- Employees must ensure all work preformed adheres to high quality standards. This Candidate will be responsible for providing guidance and expertise to lower level Highly proficient in mechanical stripping of paint materials on all aircraft surfaces, corrosion repair and mitigation of aircraft panels and structural components.
- Accurate modifications to and structural repair of aircraft panels and components are mandatory.
- Expertise in inspecting and evaluating structural damage to aircraft sheet metal systems and preparing composite surfaces using state of the art materials, methods and procedures.
- Knowledgeable with the use of common tools such as hammers, punches, pneumatic drill motors, rivet guns, hand sanders, high speed grinders and sanders, protractors, calipers, height, depth, dial gauges and other common pneumatic tools.
- Ability to read and follow government provided technical data, blueprints, engineering drawings, standard operating procedures and manufacturing specifications in the maintenance process.
- Able to utilize all requisite manufacturers’ manuals and accurately process all pertinent required paperwork, log entries, company work orders, & parts requests.
- Physical Demands- Sit, stand, bend and reach overhead for periods of time. Ability to lift up to 70 pounds and must be comfortable with heights.
- Any Candidate considered for this Position would be required to pass all Pre-Employment screenings and must posses own tools.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required.
- Must bring tools
About Our Client:
Our client is a complete, one stop FAR part 145 repair station housed in a 32,000 square foot hangar facility located on Sioux City, Iowa's Sioux Gateway Airport (KSUX).
They have all the necessary capabilities required to take care of any and all of their clients airline's needs. They provide a complete range of in-house maintenance and repair options from heavy checks, line maintenance, sheet metal repair and fabrication, all the way to complete exterior aircraft paint.
They currently have numerous aircraft and engines on our certificate, including General Electric, Pratt an Whitney, and Rolls Royce. Aircraft include Saab, Beech, Embraer, De Haviland, and Bombardier CRJ 900 and Q 400 aircraft.
In addition, we have staff mechanics, equipment, and personnel ready at a moments notice to dispatch 24/7 to any location necessary to get your AOG aircraft back in service
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.