RS Sheetmetal Technician II
The Sheetmetal Technician II works under general supervision to safely layout, fabricate and install parts, equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions
- Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, signoffs and quality specifications.
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents.
- Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheetmetal applications.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
- Assist in monthly 5S audits.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Additional Functions:
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.).
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment and returns items to tool room after use.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed when operating ground support equipment.
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
- Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft.
- Exchange job related information and coordinate work activities between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact with leadership.
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years’ experience of sheetmetal and/or fabrication experience.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Other Requirements
- A working knowledge of sheet-metal installation and fabrication processes (measuring, cutting, bending, forming, and drilling of aluminum sheet stock, angle and honeycomb) is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Valid driver’s license required. to operate towing and other Gulfstream transportation equipment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal installation and fabrication work.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small, restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft.
Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.