The Sheetmetal Mechanic is responsible for high proficiency in all minor through major repairs, modifications, E.A.s, and with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove and replace various aircraft components with the use of special tooling and ground support equipment following oral and written instructions such as supervisor’s directives and manuals to complete all routine and non-routine assignments in a timely manner.
- Proficient detail blueprint reading, ability to read, interpret and work from service bulletins, engineering work orders, major S.R.M. structural repairs.
- Ability to layout work using bend radius, set back and bend allowance charts, utilization of shop math, install and/or splice spars, landing gear, trunion changes, pressure bulkhead repairs and keal beam repairs/ removal and reinstall.
- Knowledge of ATA codes, knowledge of all applicable F.A.R.’s and company policies and procedures including job card/ time card, routine/ non-routine cards, S.R.M.’s, service bulletins, E.O.’s, and work sign-off/ sell-off procedures.
- Perform the duties of and provide the necessary training for lower skill levels.
- Maintain and store tools in a serviceable condition.
- Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep a clean work area.
- Maintain and supply personal records of work performed on OJT forms for the Training Department.
- Successfully complete any courses deemed necessary by the Training Department.
- Perform any work that may be assigned by his or her supervisor.
- 3-9 years of sheet metal experience on commercial aircraft
- Must have own tools
- SIDA badge
- Must be able to complete and pass 10 year background check
- Must report with two forms of employment eligibility identification
About Our Client:
Whether it’s aircraft and engine recovery, evaluation, storage, maintenance, or redeployment, our clients offer a broad range of premium services and solutions, individually tailored or fully integrated, to meet the specific needs of its premier customers.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.