Sheetmetal Mechanic II
A Sheetmetal Mechanic II is responsible for high proficiency in all minor through major repairs, modifications, E.A.s, and with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove and replace various aircraft components with the use of special tooling and ground support equipment following oral and written instructions such as supervisor’s directives and manuals to complete all routine and non-routine assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to layout work using bend radius, set back and bend allowance charts, utilization of shop math, install and/or splice spars, landing gear, trunion changes, pressure bulkhead repairs and keal beam repairs/ removal and reinstall.
- Perform the duties of and provide the necessary training for lower skill levels.
- Maintain and store tools in a serviceable condition.
- Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep a clean work area.
- Maintain and supply personal records of work performed on OJT forms for the Training Department.
- Successfully complete any courses deemed necessary by the Training Department.
- Perform any work that may be assigned by his or her supervisor.
- 6 - 10 years’ experience of heavy structures on commercial aircraft.
- Passenger to Cargo conversions is a plus
- Minimum Required Tools (Etched before Arrival).
- Operating knowledge of shop equipment to include, drill presses, shears, brakes, and band saws.
- Capable of performing structural repairs on floor beams, fuselage skin repairs, to include stringers, doublers, and triplers.
- Capable of performing floor beam, and frame installations / repairs.
- Capable of performing basic repairs, blend outs, and reinforcing repairs.
- Corrosion removal, damage evaluation, and finish restoration.
- Ability to read and interpret SRM damage limits, and repairs.
- Working knowledge of IPCs.
- Ability to read, interpret, plan and work from complex SRM’s, Blueprints, Service Bulletins, ADs, EAs, and EO’s.
- Working knowledge of cold working, roto peening, and freeze plug installations a plus.
- Candidates must report on first day with 2 forms of acceptable identification to verify employment eligibility. Applicants should plan on one week of orientation/training upon arrival APA offers on site representation Food trucks available daily onsite.
About Our Client:
Our Client is located at Brookley Aeroplex in Mobile, Alabama, and Pensacola, FL, at the Pensacola International Airport. They are a renowned provider of aircraft maintenance and modification (AMM) services for commercial airlines and air freight operators. They meet their customers' requirements by providing a full spectrum of high-quality, reliable, and timely AMM and engineering solutions. Our client has the know-how and experience to comprehensively manage complex projects, ensuring the customers' aircraft operate safely and efficiently.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.