Aircraft Painter III
Aircraft Painter, With limited supervision apply skills to assist in all phases of aircraft painting as assigned, participating in masking, stripping, sanding and preparing aircraft for paint.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Masking aircraft for stripper application.
- Applying, agitating and washing stripper off of aircraft.
- Hand cleaning and sanding in preparation for etch and alodine.
- Applying etch and alodine to aircraft and rinsing.
- Removing and reapplying seam seal as required.
- Masking and preparing aircraft for primer application.
- Sanding primer for topcoat application.
- Preparing aircraft for topcoat application.
- Masking, preparing and painting stripes as needed.
- De-masking aircraft.
- Polishing and detailing exterior paint.
- Ability to paint/prime overalls
- Ability to lead aircraft projects under supervisor’s direction.
- Assist with training of Junior Technicians
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience painting aircraft
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Physical: Occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs, rarely lifts up to 100 lbs Stands for long periods of time, with frequent sitting, bending, squatting, kneeling, stooping, and balancing Uses hands and arms to reach, grasp or pull, subjective to vibrations. Reads, writes, speaks and understands English fluently Visual acuity correctable to 20/20 Works in precarious places, heights above six feet, noisy environments Ability to wear PPE Works with and exposure to toxic, caustic chemicals and fumes associated with aircraft repair & modifications Other: Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport requirements Regularly scheduled attendance required Occasional overnight and short notice travel Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as directed Man-lift qualified
About Our Client:
Our Client is a known and trusted name for providing the industry’s highest quality business aviation solutions. An expert in light to mid-sized jets and turboprops with factory authorizations from manufacturers such as Hawker Beechcraft, Embraer and more, customers from around the world fly to our client for all of their aviation needs.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.