Aircraft Prep Trainee (Paint)
The A/C Prep Trainee works alongside higher-level employees to assist with the preparation and painting of aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Job Description:
- Assists in the preparation of the exterior surfaces of aircraft for application of primer and topcoat. Use various masking materials to protect windows, external probes, antennas, and other required. areas. Sand and wash the aircraft surface as directed.
- Assist with and applies corrosion preventative materials to the aircraft.
- Apply primer and sanding surfacer to aircraft.
- Uses tools to sand primer and sanding surfacer in preparation for base coat.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Use (PTP) to ensure aircraft interior is protected.
- Additional Functions:
- Properly care for shop equipment and tools as assigned.
- Comply with Paint shop standard practices.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Paint experience in a technical environment or trade school preferred.
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification.
- Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft painting process.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces, and able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Experience may be offset by completion of Technical Certificate in paint and refinishing and/or successful completion in current year youth apprenticeship program sponsored by Gulfstream, in area of expertise.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.