This is an entry-level position in which the individual will be trained in the manufacturing processes of the aircraft. In a team environment, under direct supervision, perform a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under specific instruction and guidance, perform fitting of detail parts and basic drilling and riveting operations using basic mechanic hand tools (pneumatic drills, rivet gun, counter sinks, reamers and files, etc.)
- Ensure parts and work content meets the instructions of assigned manufacturing employee and/or Quality Control Inspector.
- Learn to read work orders, blueprints, and specification sheets to determine sequence of operation and work requirement.
- Align and assemblies parts to be riveted using holding fixtures, pins, clamps and fasteners.
- Observe and assist to become familiar with parts and assemblies, then works with decreasing supervision as experience is gained. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level position.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Enrollment in a Technical Aviation program preferred.
- Essential communication skills include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, and listening and computer keyboard skills.
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Proficiency in current personal computer based software.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Must be able to lift and transport objects up to 40 pounds.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft
Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.