The Production Supervisor will provide oversight to ensure maintenance and documentation are in compliance. They will be tasked with assigning maintenance tasks and evaluating/estimating maintenance time and cost. Additionally, they must provide oversight and co-sign with uncertified mechanics, identify training needs, supervise maintenance performed, provide OJT, and maintain end of shift reports. The Production Supervisor is essential to the success and efficiency of the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Provide oversight to ensure maintenance and documentation is in compliance.
- 2. Assign maintenance tasks and personnel.
- 3. Evaluate and estimate maintenance time and cost.
- 4. Provide oversight and co-sign with uncertificated mechanics.
- 5. Sign documents for the repair station as noted in the authorized to sign roster.
- 6. Coordinate maintenance plan with other departments.
- 7. Identify training needs, tools, and special equipment required.
- 8. Ensures the responsible mechanic properly executes all necessary work records.
- 9. Monitor and update flow plan as required.
- 10. Supervise maintenance performed by un-certificated mechanics or personnel unfamiliar with the methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools.
- 11. Provide OJT to crew members as required. Insure all parts and materials are ordered as required to maintain schedule.
- 12. Maintain daily turnover reports for each oncoming shift.
- 13. Maintain the hangar and aircraft cleanliness at all times
- 1. High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2. Five (5) years’ experience in heavy aircraft maintenance, including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity, or the demonstrated ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- 3. Preferred valid Airframe & Powerplant license. Minimum of A License.
- 4. Must have previous FAA 145 Repair Station experience.
- 5. Proficient in the interpretation of blueprints, technical orders, test equipment used in the work described above, and various aircraft components and systems.
- 6. Have working knowledge of computer software packages used within the facility.
- 7. Must be able to demonstrate a sense of leadership under all circumstances and conditions.
- 8. Must be able to multi-task and manage workflows on multiple aircraft.
- 9. Must be able to work flexible hours including, nights, weekends, and overtime.
- 10. Must successfully pass mechanical, structural, and avionics assessments.
- Additional Duties Perform all other duties as assigned by the Production Manager. Authority Maintains authority over all activities of assigned work crew Physical Requirements 1. Knowledge of use of protective equipment and safety protocol related to the possible exposure to dust, body fluids, radiation, chemicals, fumes, vapors, or mists that could potentially affect the health of the employee. 2. Knowledge of use of protective equipment and safety protocols related to handling hazardous materials. 3. Knowledge of fall protection requirements. 4. Ability to withstand exposure to constant or intermittent loud/high noise levels. 5. Ability to have close vision or clear vision at 20 inches or less. 6. Ability to have distance vision or clear vision at 20 feet or more. 7. Ability to have depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
About Our Client:
On the MRO side of the business, our client provides best-in-class services ranging from light repairs to full heavy maintenance visits. On the cargo conversion side, our client provides the very best technical solutions at sensible economics to ensure that freighter operators have sustainable market advantages.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.