Interior Install Tech Sr
The Interior Installation Technician Senior works under limited supervision to remove, install, and/or fabricate aircraft interiors, which may include items such as trim, carpet, sound proofing, light structure, cabinetry, panels and other accessories. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations. Mentor and train other Interior Installation Technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential Functions:
- Safely perform aircraft interior removal, installation, and/or fabrication of aircraft interiors (which may include galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors and panels).
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with Repair Station procedures, internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Mentor and train other Interior Installation Technicians. Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work complies with quality control standards.
- Accept lead responsibilities as required. Oversee projects or other technicians and assess requirements of assigned tasks to procure required. materials and documentation for assigned tasks.
- Utilize the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as hand tools, band saws, shears, sanders and brakes. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Prepare and install aircraft interior items in accordance with company operation procedures and quality standards.
- Remove and re-install nut plates, inserts and other fasteners used in aircraft interiors. Apply proper use of hardware and fittings on aircraft installations.
- Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Assist technicians with aircraft maintenance requirements.
- Adapt to sudden schedule changes and coordinate projects with other shops/departments as required.
- Additional Functions:
- Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that reduce cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Make and use simple patterns for own use employing standardized procedures.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 4 years of applicable installation, fabrication or related experience. Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use hand/power tools and equipment associated with installation and removal of interiors.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced knowledge of aircraft installation and/or fabrication processes applicable to the specific position, such as removal and installation of galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors, panels; working with composite panels made from Nomex honeycomb, fiberglass, Lexan, acrylic materials, etc. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be fluent in English.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.