System Safety Engineer
Support Safety Analysis of Textron Aviation Defense Aircraft. Assist engineering teams with the safety related aspects of new product design, modifications and field support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Authoring System Safety Reports including Aircraft and System Functional Hazard Assessments, aircraft and system level safety assessments, Common Mode Analysis, and Zonal Safety Analysis.
- • Perform reliability analysis including reliability prediction and Failure Modes and Effect Analysis. (FMEA)
- • Developing fault tree analysis and other qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- • Assisting systems engineers in developing system safety requirement for design and installation of equipment and systems. Assist systems design, and engineering teams in ensuring all aspects of 23/25.1309 compliance or MIL-516 are addressed including reviewing certification plans, and supporting reports.
- • Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- • The ability to learn multiple aircraft subsystems to become an expert on how the systems functions and interacts with other systems.
- • Experience in System Safety/Reliability and/or aircraft mechanical, avionics or electrical systems design and/or certification is considered a plus.
- • A working knowledge of the safety assessment processes outlined in AC 23.1309-1E SAE ARP 4761/4754A and the draft version of AC 25.1309 is considered a plus.
- • A working knowledge of RTCA DO-178 & DO-254 is desired. Previous experience with mechanical and/or electrical systems design, tools such as FMEA, fault trees, safety analysis is beneficial.
- • The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be able to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas with peers, management, and certification authorities.
- • Must be able to use common software applications such as word processor and spreadsheet.
About Our Client:
Our partner is headquartered out of Wichita, Kansas and has service center strategically placed across the USA. They represent 3 iconic VIP brands of aircraft under one mega umbrella.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.