Project Engineer in Defense will be responsible for defining and executing development and customer funded programs for Defense and Special Missions related Textron Aviation products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Engineer in Defense will be responsible for defining and executing development and customer funded programs for Defense and Special Missions related Textron Aviation products. This role may interface with all levels of management and with customers internally and externally.
- I. Primary point of contact and responsible for building relationships with the customer, vetting solutions for their needs, capturing the opportunity, managing the project, and ensuring the product can be delivered on time and on budget.
- II. Manage the full life cycle of the program from contract, through development, certification, and delivery.
- III. Responsible to obtain requirements from customers, Program Management and Sales team.
- IV. Responsible for the interface with all Engineering functions to define specific requirements for internal and external programs
- V. Responsible for successful execution of approved programs
- VI. Plan and coordinate with participating departments the schedule and resources required to execute the program
- VII. Ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- VIII. Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally
- • Bachelor's degree required in Engineering or relative field.
- • 5 years’ direct work experience
- • 7+ years’ direct work experience
- • Familiarity of both FAA and military programs and certification activities
- • Processes and understanding of Design and can read engineering drawings and parts list
- • Ability to produce technical writings such as Statements of Work for internal and external customers
- • General knowledge of both Beechcraft and Cessna products preferred
- • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- • Ability to multi-task in a very fast paced environment
- • Strong oral and written communication skills
- • Ability to influence without authority and exhibits managerial courage
- • Strong business acumen
- • Developing process improvement initiatives
- • Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft desktop publishing applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe InDesign)
- • General knowledge of Cessna and Beechcraft tools, such as DDS/Enovia V6 (Beechcraft) and PIOS/EEDS/Enovia v6 (Cessna).
- • U.S. citizenship or permanent residency required
About Our Client:
Our partner is headquartered out of Wichita, Kansas and has service center strategically placed across the USA. They represent 3 iconic VIP brands of aircraft under one mega umbrella.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.