Temp Bonder Assistant
Applies knowledge of basic production procedures to assist other stakeholders and learn the processes to fabricate, rework, and repair metallic and nonmetallic bonded parts and assemblies for operational aircraft applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine developmental learning assignments and applies standard solutions to problems or work situations of a routine or repetitive nature. May perform a variety of routine duties related to any work operation in the manufacturing or repair of company and customer products as required.
- Assists in performing tasks associated with determining the method and sequences of operation to be followed in fabrication of parts using materials such as graphite, fiberglass, plastic, boron, flock, mat, epoxy resins, rubber and like materials.
- Assists in planning, fabricating and building adhesive bonded assemblies of metallic and nonmetallic composite materials.
- Fabricates composite and metal parts into subassemblies for the purpose of prefitting in preparation for bonding/curing in presses, ovens, and autoclaves.
- Assists in lay out, prefit, and assembly and lay-up of a variety of metal to metal and composite bonded assemblies.
- May lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates.
- Performs vacuum bagging for Autoclave cures up to 100 psi.
- Learns to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, manuals, specifications sketches, job orders, planning documents and engineering drawings.
- Selects tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions.
- Ancillary Functions and Responsibilities: Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications other than the primary assignment.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to use small hand tools and machinery.
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.