A Composite Technician will remove, replace, repair, build or duplicate various aircraft components within a shop environment requiring composite repair or replacement on fiberglass, honeycomb and metal bonding with the use of special tooling and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mix various resins to S.R.M. specifications.
- Cut and mold various fiberglass clothes and apply based on S.R.M. specifications.
- Layout and fabricate all sheetmetal fillers and doublers for composite purposes with basic sheetmetal skills using various hand tools and or Sheetmetal Fab Shop equipment.
- Treat and prepare sheetmetal (alodine and prime) for bonding purposes.
- Perform the duties of and provide necessary training for lower skill levels.
- Maintain and store various tools and supplies in a serviceable condition.
- Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep a clean work area.
- Maintain and supply personal records of work performed on OJT forms for the Training Department.
- Successfully complete any courses deemed necessary by the training department.
- Perform any work that may be assigned by his or her supervisor
- 3 years recent composite experience
- Prior experience on Boeing 727/737/747/757/767/777, Airbus 319/320/330
- Knowledge of detection and removal procedures for foreign contaminants such as moisture, hydraulic fluid, etc, from aluminum or nomex honeycomb core.
- Fiberglass/carbon graphite pre-preg repairs with core replacement using proper apply orientation procedures.
- Ability to use on site hot bond machines
- Proficient in vacuum bagging processes for hot bond repairs to include caul plate usage to maintain complex curvature of parts during repairs.
- Basic knowledge of composite hybrid materials and usage.
- Ability & willingness to assist, guide and train others in performing aircraft composite maintenance.
- Knowledge of IPC & ability to order parts & determine effectively with no assistance.
- Familiarity with and ability to perform work per CMM’s, OHM’s, etc.
- Attentiveness & knowledge of aircraft schedule / assigned job budget.
- Familiarity with procedures required to properly submit requests to Engineering for assistance.
- Must have minimum required tools
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Candidates must report on first day with 2 forms of acceptable identification to verify employment eligibility. Applicants should plan on one week of orientation/training upon arrival APA offers on site representation Food trucks available daily onsite
About Our Client:
Our Client is located at Brookley Aeroplex in Mobile, Alabama, and Pensacola, FL, at the Pensacola International Airport. They are a renowned provider of aircraft maintenance and modification (AMM) services for commercial airlines and air freight operators. They meet their customers' requirements by providing a full spectrum of high-quality, reliable, and timely AMM and engineering solutions. Our client has the know-how and experience to comprehensively manage complex projects, ensuring the customers' aircraft operate safely and efficiently.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.