RS Cabinet Finisher Sr
Under general supervision, prepares, applies, and touches up finish on aircraft furniture, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings. Assists lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance, assistance and direction to co-workers. Mentors and trains other Cabinet Finishers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs complex high quality repairs to finished surfaces of aircraft furniture in the shop and on-board aircraft. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Interprets material specifications to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail. Coordinates with Design group to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
- Complies with and champions Safety, 5S and housekeeping. Ensures the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP). .
- Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians.
- Works to develop and implement process improvements that address safety, reduce cost, reduce cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and sign-off work.
- Assists in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection, process specifications and terminology.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- High School Diploma or GED required. 4 years experience in wood finishing processes. Advanced knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products. Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK SECOND SHIFT.
- Additional Functions:
- 1. Accepts Lead responsibilities when needed. Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians. .
- 2. Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits. .
- 3. Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- 4. Develops YI@W (Your Ideas at Work) as the opportunities present themselves.
- 5. Assists in monthly 5S audits.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft.
Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.