Performs moderately complex to complex surface repairs and touch up of cabinetry and related interiors systems and equipment that are primarily in the shop. May perform repairs of equipment installed in the aircraft.
Polishes and waxes finished surfaces by cutting and buffing finished surfaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong buffing and polishing skills.
- Ability to spray stain and clear coats.
- Able to work any of 3 shifts: Days, Afternoons or Midnights.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Be familiar with and have operational knowledge of department tools.
- Able to apply various types of clear coats in the aircraft industry.
- Have experience cutting and buffing polyesters, urethanes, imron and acrylic clear coats.
- Must be able to touch up cabinetry in the shop.
- Performs moderately complex to complex filling operations related to the cosmetic appearance of the part being worked. Removes excess material and prepares the surface for finishing. Performs difficult masking operations.
- Selects finish ingredients and mixes them by hand or machine to obtain specified color or shade to specifications or match existing finish. Calculates mix ratios in order to mix sealant, filler materials, and paint.
- Applies primer, top coat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to detailed parts, sub assemblies and major assemblies of aircraft interiors to customer or company specifications and industry quality standards.
- 5+ years of recent VIP cabinet experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have tools
- Ability to use a respirator
About Our Client:
Our client has built a solid reputation for strong technical expertise and personalized customer service for maintenance and refurbishment of corporate aircraft. They also provide complete FBO services for aircraft in East Alton, Grand Junction and Chattanooga.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.