Must have 8+ years Avionics experience on Corporate Jet, Turbo Prop or Piston Aircraft to be considered
The Avionics Technician position will be responsible for inspecting, trouble-shooting, servicing, and maintaining electronic systems and components in a safe and professional manner. Our client is seeking to hire candidates that can be tasked with installing Garmin transponders, GPS/COMM/NAV, Autopilot etc; as well as creating the harness, install the harness and equipment, complete the setup and configuration, and perform all operational checks with minimum supervision. This position requires attention to detail, self motivated, great attitude and team player
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read, understand and accomplish maintenance manual procedures. Must be able to research and order parts.
- Fabricate, assemble, repair, install, modify, test, operate, and troubleshoot aircraft installed avionics and electrical systems in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, engineering schematics and accepted industry practices.
- Assemble, install, terminate, and test wire harnesses to schematic specifications.
- Install Avionics and Electrical Mods to STC, Manufacture’s Installation manual and Engineering specifications.
- Review workscope, drawings, and parts kits for accuracy and applicability.
- Perform electrical continuity checks, operational tests, and acceptance test per engineering and manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Document all maintenance and installations preformed on aircraft in accordance with FAA Regulations, appropriate technical data and the repair station manual.
- Accomplish tasks within allotted time, and communicate with Lead Technicians and Supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Determines work needed to be done to complete assignment within established schedule and plans accordingly.
- Performs wire by wire, power, functional and operational check-outs of electrical and avionics systems prior to aircraft flight.
- Required to set-up all required electrical and electronic test equipment in compliance with technical data, then complete the appropriate functional tests that are required for each system.
- Required to troubleshoot problem systems and take the appropriate actions to correct discrepancies.
- Accurately logs on Labor Data Collection System for work order, time and attendance tracking.
- Technical training in AC, DC, Digital, Analog, Pulse, Comm/Nav and Pitot/Static Systems.
- Experience with Honeywell, Epic, BBIC Software, Baker Audio International.
About Our Client:
Founded by Veterans, Our client is your premier aviation service center for all turbine, piston and rotorcraft airframes. As a full completion operation, we specialize in structural, engine and systems maintenance, major modifications, avionics installation and repair, structural repair, interior refurbishment, and exterior paint and design. Located in Dallas, Texas at Dallas Executive Airport (KRBD), our facilities and hangar complex are easily accessible and can handle any project/craft from small to large.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.