Avionics Technicians are responsible for knowing, understanding, and accomplishing all required steps associated with compliance of the maintenance work scope assigned. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work is accomplished in accordance with Gama Aviation Engineering’s policies and procedures (RSQCM), manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, FAA, and EASA Regulations.
- Document maintenance discrepancies and take necessary actions to correct the items.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for all AC systems.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and schematics.
- Immediately notify the Lead Mechanic of any problem areas such as parts, materials, workmanship, or airworthiness issues.
- Provide the Lead Mechanic with a detailed report of work progression and open items to be included in the daily shift turnover log.
- Proper tagging of Aircraft components, parts and panels appropriately stored including racks by aircraft.
- Maintain work areas, buildings, and equipment which are utilized for aircraft maintenance in a safe, clean, and operative condition.
- Have sufficient and proper hand tools to perform maintenance duties.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Lead Mechanic.
- The Aircraft Mechanic, certified, may delegate duties to a qualified assistant; however, such delegation does not relieve the Aircraft Mechanic of overall responsibility.
- Available to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, and days off.
- Available to travel up to 25%.
- Five (5) years in the corporate aircraft maintenance field
- Gulfstream, Bombardier, Falcon, Citation, Embraer, and Beechcraft experience
- At least five (5) years of experience of direct involvement with FAR 135 and/or 145 policies and procedures
- Engine Run and Taxi Certified
- Strong Avionics background
- Sheetmetal capabilities
- Working knowledge of FAA Regulations
- Good computer skills and ability to download and upload AC files, as required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe, and Corridor
- Ability to understand and interpret aircraft technical data
- Effective communication in English - oral and written
- Successfully work with others as part of a team in order to achieve established goals
- Travel, foreign and domestic, as needed
- Required Licenses/Certifications:
- Valid and current Airframe and Powerplant Certificate, minimum of five (5) years
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport without travel restrictions
- Tools are required
About Our Client:
Our maintenance base at Fort Lauderdale is a part of our coast-to-coast coverage, supporting 24/7 to all individual and fleet owners with maintenance services covering over 30 different private jet aircraft types. Our experienced technicians provide base maintenance, line maintenance, and AOG coverage. We also have available full aircraft management and charter services available.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.