Avionics Technician (Contract)
Avionics Technician will be responsible for electrical maintenance and repair on Commercial Aircraft types.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove and replace various aircraft components and electrical systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair basic electrical, communications, and certification requirements with various testing equipment on aircraft or in a shop environment.
- Operate test equipment and their applications.
- Repairing wiring terminations, pining and de-pining.
- Install and modify systems by identifying relevant instructions and use of test equipment on aircraft or in a shop environment.
- Thorough understanding of flight deck operations (Autopilot, VHF, HF, Selcal).
- Ability to perform basic ADs, EOs, SBs, and EAs.
- Ability to evaluate Non-Routine work cards and order replacement parts.
- Gain a basic understanding of Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM) and Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC).
- Proper use of special tooling, including Voltage meters, crimpers, Insertion tools and Extraction tools.
- Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep a clean work area.
- Perform operational and function checks.
- Familiar with blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, EOs and EAs
- Complete Engineering Orders (EOs)
- Proper bonding and grounding procedures.
- Must be willing to work day shift, night shift, weekends and holidays as needed
- 3-5 years of avionics experience on commercial aircraft
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Formal Training in Basic Avionics Systems/Theory (6) months (Military or Civilian)
- Must have minimum required tools.
- Candidates must report on first day with 2 forms of acceptable identification to verify employment eligibility. Applicants should plan on one week of orientation/training upon arrival APA offers on site representation Food trucks available daily onsite
About Our Client:
Our Client is located at Brookley Aeroplex in Mobile, Alabama, and Pensacola, FL, at the Pensacola International Airport. They are a renowned provider of aircraft maintenance and modification (AMM) services for commercial airlines and air freight operators. They meet their customers' requirements by providing a full spectrum of high-quality, reliable, and timely AMM and engineering solutions. Our client has the know-how and experience to comprehensively manage complex projects, ensuring the customers' aircraft operate safely and efficiently.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.