The Aircraft Mechanic will service, repair and overhaul aircraft to ensure airworthiness. Work under minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of all areas of the aircraft and assigned work area.
- Repair, modify, replace, or otherwise perform routine aircraft maintenance work in specialized area of aircraft.
- Develop repair schemes utilizing SRM or Engineering data.
- Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
- Complete job assignments in a timely manner.
- Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and required reading.
- Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification.
- Conduct operational tests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Flight Control: Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures. Remove and Install flight control surfaces and components. Perform weight and balance including calculation of flight control surfaces. Perform rigging and operational test of all flight control surfaces including autopilot. Troubleshoot flight control systems. Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify structures and flight controls.
- Systems: Remove and replace landing gear, engines, and air-conditioning systems. Utilize OEM and Engineering drawings to modify parts. Rig landing and operational test gear systems and engine systems. Trouble shoot landing gear, engines, hydraulic and air-conditioning systems. Tow qualified preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of aircraft maintenance experience on 737/767/Airbus
- Systems: Engine Remove and Reinstallation /Troubleshooting, Pneumatics Troubleshooting, Gear Remove and Reinstallation /Troubleshooting.
- Flight Control: Rigging, Ops Checks, Remove and Reinstallation FC
- Active Airframe and Powerplant License preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have own tools and tool box
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
About Our Client:
Headquartered in Everett, Washington, with additional operations in Moses Lake, Washington; Kansas City, Missouri; and Fort Worth, Texas. This national MRO network provides seamless support for military, commercial and regional aircraft operators – including airframe maintenance, component repair, engineering support, fuselage painting, and business jet services.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.