The A&P Mechanic is responsible to perform aircraft maintenance and/or repairs within estimated time in accordance with applicable "Client Airframe Services", FAA, and customer standards of quality. This includes organizing his/her work plan in an efficient and resourceful manner. The A&P Mechanic is responsible to work in a safe manner, eliminating waste, and delivering a quality product on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Perform such typical maintenance operations as the removal and replacement of aircraft and powerplant components that require bolting, torquing, adjusting, rigging, and safety wiring to include powerplant, and flight control removal/installation.
- 2. Troubleshoot, repair, clean, service, inspect, modify, replace, and/or overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems using approved data to ensure airworthiness.
- 3. Follow all applicable specifications to accomplish a specific task.
- 4. Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- 5. Perform work within estimated hours.
- 6. Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
- 7. Execute all required paperwork in connection with assigned normal duties.
- 8. Use and operate ground support equipment, as applicable and if qualified, in a safe manner.
- 9. Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments with little or no rework.
- 10. Assist other employees in the performance of their job assignments through coaching, counseling, and guidance.
- 11. Interface effectively with members of management, other departments, and co-workers.
- Two (2) years aircraft maintenance experience on heavy transport category aircraft.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate.
- Must provide own tools as indicated on company tool list.
- Language (read, write, speak, and understand English)
About Our Client:
Our client utilizes multiple locations across the United States to offer comprehensive single-source solutions for aircraft engineering, interiors and maintenance. They support aircraft carriers around the world through a broad array of aircraft maintenance, Repair and Overhaul, as well as cabin interiors products.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.