A&P mechanics perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision. They must ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications while interpreting aircraft technical manuals and electrical drawings. Mechanics must be able to follow standard operating procedures and operating support equipment such as external power carts, hydraulic mules, lift platforms, and tow tugs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform scheduled, unscheduled or special inspections and maintenance in accordance with Manufacturer’s Maintenance Manuals and Federal Aviation regulations
- Troubleshoot aircraft systems and perform operational and functional checks; service oil, tires, fuel and hydraulic systems; provide nitrogen and oxygen servicing; inspect and repair pitot static systems and provide battery servicing
- Troubleshoot and perform maintenance/repairs/component removal/installation on aircraft, engines and a variety of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components and accessories such as propellers, starters, generators, fuel pumps, hydraulic pumps, actuators, wheels, tires and brakes.
- Perform structural repairs to airframes, including sheet metal work, riveting, patching and fiberglass/composite work
- Certify all work as required by FAA regulations, industry guidelines and company standards/procedures, including interfaces as necessary with various computer tracking systems and using appropriate company forms
- Make required entries for work orders, discrepancies, and corrective actions, and complete all associated computer/paperwork requirements, including turnover logs
- Assist and train other technicians when needed
- Participate in ongoing training opportunities, as appropriate for position
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Education- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required.
- Communication- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Highly proficient with computer based technical data programs, and be competent in researching and use of appropriate technical manuals and industry reference materials
- Must be mechanically adept and demonstrate the skills and knowledge consistent with industry standards for this position, including an understanding of various airframe and power plant systems.
- Must be able to work inside and outside under varying work and climatic conditions, have the ability to lift up to 70 pounds and must be comfortable with heights.
- Must have own tools
- Experience desired on CRJ and ERJ aircraft, Sheet metal experience is a plus
- Must have strong drive for top notch customer service and safety, and be a team player with a “Can Do” attitude.
- This is a safety-sensitive position and falls under the provisions of the FAA's mandatory drug and alcohol testing requirements, including the release of prior drug and alcohol testing results from previous employers for the past two (2) years
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and full background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications. If hired, will be subject to mandatory random drug testing.
- Must Bring Tools
About Our Client:
Our client is a complete, one stop FAR part 145 repair station housed in a 32,000 square foot hangar facility located on Sioux City, Iowa's Sioux Gateway Airport (KSUX). They have all the necessary capabilities required to take care of any and all of their clients airline's needs. They provide a complete range of in-house maintenance and repair options from heavy checks, line maintenance, sheet metal repair and fabrication, all the way to complete exterior aircraft paint. They currently have numerous aircraft and engines on our certificate, including General Electric, Pratt an Whitney, and Rolls Royce. Aircraft include Saab, Beech, Embraer, De Haviland, and Bombardier CRJ 900 and Q 400 aircraft. In addition, we have staff mechanics, equipment, and personnel ready at a moments notice to dispatch 24/7 to any location necessary to get your AOG aircraft back in service!
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.