Aircraft Painter I
The Aircraft Painter I prepares the aircraft for paint related operations by performing tasks safely within schedule while meeting quality expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Essential Functions: 1. Mask, sand, and prepare aircraft for paint application. 2. Apply glazing and sealing compounds in preparation for final painting. 3. Operate and maintain all types of preparation and priming equipment. Mix paints and primers. 4. Perform leading edge sealant work in final detail. 5. Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment and ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
- Additional Functions: 1. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned. 2. Comply with Paint shop standard practices. 3. Perform other duties as required.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED. One (1) year of painting experience. A working knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics).
- Other Requirements: 1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. 2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation. 3. Able to pass Pulmonary Function Test to obtain respirator certification. 4. Ability to use tools, equipment, and materials in the aircraft painting process. Able to climb ladders and stairs, perform close tolerance work, work in small spaces lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift. 5. Must be computer literate.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft. Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.Constant Cash:
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.