Aircraft Painter will be responsible for sanding and preparing surfaces for paint, mixing paint products and applying paint products within the allocated man-hour budgets and on schedule while maintaining quality standards and performing the tasks within the guidelines of all safety and regulatory regulations and requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mask, sand, and prepare aircraft for paint application.
- This is an Paint position not just paint/prep so you will be spraying /painting the aircraft.
- Apply glazing and sealing compounds in preparation for final painting.
- Operate and maintain all types of preparation and priming equipment. Mix paints and primers.
- Perform leading edge sealant work in final detail.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment and ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 year of aircraft paint experience on corporate aircraft
- Able to work from documentation such as company procedures, preparation packages, etc.
- Able to work in a confined space.
- Able to lift and transport up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have visual capacity and muscular dexterity to work on fine detail, high cost products with a minimum of errors and rework.
- Able to use standard spray paint equipment: paint guns, sanding equipment, dual action orbital sander and common hand tools
- Must not be abnormally allergic to paint, paint stripper, solvents, primers or other paint related products that produce fumes or dust while performing work related duties.
- Ability to use a respirator.
- Flexibility with shift work
- minimum 3 years experience
About Our Client:
Our partner is one of the nation’s biggest and best corporate aviation MRO's, with locations in Cleveland, Mesa, Orlando, and Las Vegas. Providing full service capabilities in maintenance, avionics, interiors, paint, parts sales, and mobile maintenance.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.Constant Cash:
Constant Cash is a referral program that allows individuals to make extra money simply by referring qualified candidates.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.