Sheetmetal Mechanic II
SpecificationsReference Number: 140556
Locations: Tulsa, OK
In a team oriented work environment, under minimal supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 1. Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- 2. Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structure.
- 3. Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- 4. Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- 5. Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- 6. Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- 7. Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
- 8. Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program, and complies with all safety regulations.
- 9. Able to work with minimal supervision on duties and tasks.
- 10. Support Lean Activities.
- Two (2) years related structural assembly experience.
- 1. Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
- 2. Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and equipment.
- 3. Must be able to use mathematical formulas by solving dimensional problems using fractions, decimal fractions and whole numbers.
- 4. Basic computer skills.
- 5. Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math.
- 6. Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions.
- 7. Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
- 8. Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices.
- 9. Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
- 10. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- 11. Must be able to work any shift.
- 12. Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft.
Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024 Constant Cash: (469) 458-2274 Constant Cash (apaconstantcash.com)