SpecificationsReference Number: 15948BR
Locations: Tulsa, OK
Applies basic, and some intermediate technical skills and knowledge related to production procedures to prepare parts for the application of primer and paint, assist in painting operations and polishes and buffs aluminum aircraft skins and other metal products to achieve the specified end product finish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine developmental learning assignments and applies standard solutions to work situations of a routine or repetitive nature. May perform a variety of routine duties related to the area to which assigned.
- Reads, learns and interprets specifications and work scope shown in writing on work orders. Determines proper method to complete work assignments. May be requires to assemble or disassemble parts and assemblies to perform specified work operation.
- Prepares parts for paint application by hand or machine sanding, filing, caulking, sealing and cleaning. Selects the appropriate personal protective equipment and performs the specified operation. Ensures respirator is working properly and is properly worn when using a respirator.
- Polishes and buffs metals to remove scratches and other defects from metal surface. Uses hand held or stationary polishing equipment such as orbital sander, freestanding polish wheels and hand sanding to accomplish the work.
- Selects polishing medium per work instructions such as sanding disks, emory paper, abrasive cake or lubricant . Holds part against polish wheel and/or moves polishing equipment over surfaces of workpiece to remove fine scratches and to achieve specified finish.
- Performs minor filling operations related to the cosmetic appearance of the part being worked. Polishes recessed areas with fine grade emery cloth and performs masking operations,
- Assists and learns calculation of mix ratios in order to mix paint, sealant and other materials.
- Ensures compliance with environmental regulations and maintains records in accordance with these environmental regulations. Performs hand and spray application of primer and topcoat to aircraft parts.
- Completes and maintains necessary paperwork for documenting processes performed.
- Formal Education, Training and Work Experience:
- Experience may be substituted for the formal education and training requirements in this section at the discretion of management. High school diploma or G.E.D. No experience required.
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
Jim and Nicole, Greetings! I wanted to drop a quick note to you both, and express my gratitude for the job Kory did for my family and I. Kory recently helped my family and I land a direct hire, Lead Mechanic position! He stuck with me until I was sure of exactly what I wanted to land, he listened, and then went after it. He brought several options back to me according to my experience level, and never rushed us as we decided what we needed as a family. He checked back with me, returned calls, and kept me in the loop with out being high pressure. My experience with Kory, is that he is a top notch, "does what he says" employee. He is a credit to your organization and a talented individual. If and when I am in need of a recruiter again, or when I meet with another young man or woman who is, I will certainly pass Kory's name and contact info along- he's top shelf and the kind of employee that gives his employer increasing credibility. Thanks again. CraigDirect Placement Success Story!
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024 Constant Cash: (469) 458-2274 Constant Cash (apaconstantcash.com)