Tooling Engineer Senior
SpecificationsReference Number: 15084BR
Locations: Tulsa, OK
Applies extensive knowledge of principles, theories and concepts and industry practices and standards related to the research of new tooling concepts, designing and verification of new tooling used in the manufacture of and certification of aircraft structures, component parts and related component systems and subsystems for operational aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex or unusual problems or assignments requiring independent judgment and ingenuity to design, develop and verify production tooling used in manufacturing and repair of aircraft structures, power plant component parts, mechanical and electrical systems and subsystems for commercial, military, executive, general aviation, or special purpose applications on operational aircraft.
- Obtains input from production personnel for new tooling designs for manufacturing and certification of aircraft structures, component parts and related component systems and subsystems.
- Researches new tooling materials to determine applicability and cost effectiveness of their use.
- Studies specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders, and shop data and confers with other engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
- Applies algebraic and geometric formulas and standard tool engineering data to develop tool configuration.
- Selects standard items such as bushings and tool bits to incorporate into tool design and draws preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings.
- Develops Bill of Materials and resources for all new tooling and analyzes performance to plan completion of tool.
- Coordinates with Production and tool fabrication departments on all phases of tool fabrication.
- Writes tooling procedures and specifications for the manufacture of new tooling.
- Assists with scheduling, communicating with vendors and other daily functions.
- Bachelors Degree In Engineering or related
- 10+ years experience Catia V5 tool design for the aircraft industry designing Assembly fixtures and bond tools
- experience in post writing for CNC Machines a plus.
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
Betty is the worlds greatest recruiter! She has helped me find work more times than I can count!Kenny S
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024