SpecificationsReference Number: EB-1549879256
Locations: Orlando, FL
The VIP Cabinet Finisher/Painter works with the finish coating process for aircraft cabinets and performs other functions that support the delivery of aircraft cabinets using personal skills in conformance with procedures and guidelines and to the standards of Client Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- ust have experience cutting and buffing polyesters, urethanes, imron and acrylic clear coats
- Applies primer, top coat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to detailed parts, sub assemblies and major assemblies of aircraft interiors to customer or company specifications and industry quality standards
- Construct interior components to the customer’s specifications
- Must be familiar with and have operational knowledge of department tools
- Performs moderately complex to complex filling operations related to the cosmetic appearance of the part being worked
- Must be able to apply various types of clear coats in the aircraft industry
- Read and interpret blue prints and engineering drawings
- Must be able to touch up cabinetry in the shop
- Polishes and waxes finished surfaces by cutting and buffing finished surfaces
- Performs difficult masking operations
- Removes excess material and prepares the surface for finishing
- Selects finish ingredients and mixes them by hand or machine to obtain specified color or shade to specifications or match existing finish
- Calculates mix ratios in order to mix sealant, filler materials, and paint
- Diagnoses problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Detects errors and correct through proper departmental channel
- Seeks methods to cross train to develop technical skills and business knowledge. Will also be required to assist Aircraft Service Mechanics, under supervision, with aircraft maintenance requirements.
- Performs other duties as required
- High school or GED
- 5+ yrs of touch up/color matching experience
- Strong buffing and polishing skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be flexible with shift work
- Cabinet Finishers will be asked to complete a written practical on day 1.
- Bring tools
About Our Client:
Our partner is one of the nation’s biggest and best corporate aviation MRO's, with locations in Cleveland, Mesa, Orlando, and Las Vegas. Providing full service capabilities in maintenance, avionics, interiors, paint, parts sales, and mobile maintenance.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Jim and Nicole, Greetings! I wanted to drop a quick note to you both, and express my gratitude for the job Kory did for my family and I. Kory recently helped my family and I land a direct hire, Lead Mechanic position! He stuck with me until I was sure of exactly what I wanted to land, he listened, and then went after it. He brought several options back to me according to my experience level, and never rushed us as we decided what we needed as a family. He checked back with me, returned calls, and kept me in the loop with out being high pressure. My experience with Kory, is that he is a top notch, "does what he says" employee. He is a credit to your organization and a talented individual. If and when I am in need of a recruiter again, or when I meet with another young man or woman who is, I will certainly pass Kory's name and contact info along- he's top shelf and the kind of employee that gives his employer increasing credibility. Thanks again. CraigDirect Placement Success Story!
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024