Laboratory Test Tech I
SpecificationsReference Number: 14851br
Locations: Tulsa, OK
Applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge in the performance of laboratory tests to determine chemical and physical characteristics or composition of materials for such purposes as quality control, process control or product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs physical, chemical and mechanical tests that are varied, but generally not complex, on products and processes requiring some skill and experience. Works under regular supervision applying standard procedures and solutions to meet work requirements. Priorities are determined by management.
- Sets up, adjusts and operates laboratory equipment and instruments to conduct physical, chemical and mechanical tests for experimental, production and vendor applications.
- Selects the appropriate personal protective equipment for the operation to be performed. When using a respirator ensures the respirator is working properly and is properly worn.
- Performs tests on various adhesives and prepregs to include gel, flow and volatility and resin control. Tests materials for compressive and tensile strength.
- Prepares chemical solutions according to standard formulas. Adds chemicals or raw materials to process solutions or product batches to correct or establish formulation required to meet specifications.
- Tests solutions used in processes such as anodizing, waterproofing, cleaning, bleaching, and pickling for chemical concentration, specific gravity, acidity or other characteristics using distillation, filtration, titration and extraction and pH meters.
- Tests samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications.
- Records test results on standardized forms and writes test reports describing procedures used. Prepares graphs and charts. Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment. Calibrates laboratory instruments.
- Associate level degree in laboratory testing or equivalent practical experience and two (2) to four (4) years laboratory experience.
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (___) ___-____
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024