Non-Destructive Technician A
SpecificationsReference Number: 14975br
Locations: Tulsa, OK
Applies advanced technical skills and knowledge in conducting thermal imaging, radiographic, penetrant, ultrasonic, magnetic particle or other nondestructive tests of nonmetallic or metallic aircraft structural parts and components that are used in operational aircraft applications. Ensures the new or repaired product meets company, customer and FAA specifications and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs nondestructive inspection of metallic and nonmetallic components that are moderately complex to complex requiring experience and judgment to determine plans and action from standard procedural alternatives. Works under general supervision adapting procedures to meet work requirements. Priorities are determined by management.
- Reviews test orders to determine type of test required, test procedures to follow, and the acceptability criteria as defined by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), customer or Company process specifications.
- Sets up and calibrates the equipment to ensure the inspection will yield accurate results. Determines test equipment settings according to type of part, material, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables.
- Operates thermal, ultrasonic or other imaging equipment and observes video monitor screen to perform nondestructive inspection of metallic and nonmetallic components and parts for flaws, cracks, voids, discontinuities and presence of foreign object debris or other imperfections.
- Reviews and interprets images on the video monitor of the components and parts to identify imperfections or debris. Examines film when conducting radiographic tests to locate structural or welding flaws. Determine if the part meets or exceeds the acceptability criteria of the prescribed process specifications.
- Marks inspected parts to indicate defective areas. Evaluates test results against designated standards. Prepares reports outlining findings and conclusions.
- Evaluates test results against designated standards. Prepares reports outlining findings and conclusions.
- Associate level degree in inspection technology and four (4) or more years of experience as an inspector aero structure mechanic, bonder or other like production job or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience should be in the aerospace industry is preferred.
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (___) ___-____
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024