Production Operator Assistant
SpecificationsReference Number: 14885BR
Locations: tulsa, ok
Applies basic, and some intermediate technical skills and knowledge to set up and operate the process equipment used to stretch, saw, grind and polish and otherwise complete the processing of acrylic billets into finished acrylic sheets of material for use in making transparencies for operational aircraft applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks and operate machines and equipment that are required to process acrylic material used to make transparencies into parts and assemblies such as wing tip lenses, flight deck, passenger cabin and helicopter windows used on operational aircraft.
- Reads blueprint, work instructions and planning documents to understand the specifications that are needed to produce quality material.
- Determine how such items as oven temperature, heating time, dimensions, tolerances, material cutting, polish machine speeds, holding fixtures, and other operations affect the outcome of the production process.
- Prepares acrylic billet material for the pre-stretch heating cycle.
- Places prepared billets into the oven using various types of material handling equipment and set the temperature controls.
- Lifts and positions heated material into the holding fixture, sets the machine controls and completes the stretching process.
- Operates band saw to cut material to size indicated on the planning documents.
- Places material to be cut onto the saw table surface using various types of material handling equipment.
- Starts machine and activate controls to complete the sawing process.
- Places stretched acrylic material on the grinding/polishing table using various types of material handling equipment.
- Activates vacuum hold down equipment and ensure material is held immovable to the grind/polish machine table.
- Adjust machine controls to bring polishing wheel into contact with the material.
- Turns valves to regulate flow of water into polishing head and starts machine.
- Examines finished material to determine conformance of finish and deformities specifications.
- Mark or otherwise indicate non-conforming areas of the finished acrylic sheet.
- Replaces worn grinding and surface conditioning discs and maintains machine in operating condition.
- HS Diploma or GED
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Really appreciates that we are on top of everything. He loves how caring we are! He is especially loving the APA Cares Program.Anthony H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024