Sheetmetal Mechanic SR
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-8603810553
Locations: Oklahoma City, OK
The Senior Sheet Metal Mechanic (3+ years experience) is responsible for high proficiency in all minor through major repairs, modifications, E.A.s, and with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lay out more complicated repairs for pressurized fuselage skins and load carrying primary structure, floor beams, shear ties, circumferential frames etc.
- Excellent understanding of SRM repairs, process flow and terminology
- Ability to read S/M prints and drawings
- Assists/works with level III structures technicians
- Be able to perform job functions with little to no questions
- Possess basic understanding of aircraft milestones and how maintenance checks should flow
- Be able to perform job functions efficiently with negligible re-work
- Able to form complicated parts with joggles, curves in annealed material.
- Able to locate and ream precision holes/ counter sinks in thicker gage structure and parts.
- Able to roto-peen (flap peen) forgings and castings
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment on complicated geometric parts
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 3+ years recent sheet metal and structural repairs in a heavy maintenance or Regional Jet environment
- Prior experience on CRJ/ERJ aircraft
- Must have minimum required tools
- Candidates must report on first day with 2 forms of acceptable identification to e-verify employment eligibility.
- Candidates will take hands on assessment on day 1 of reporting
- Applicants should plan on one week of orientation/training upon arrival
- Onsite gym and wellness facility accessibility at no cost
- Climate controlled hanger
- APA offers on site representation
- Food trucks available daily onsite
About Our Client:
Our client is an independent provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers in more than 100 countries. Our client's aftermarket expertise and award-winning solutions help customers increase efficiency and reduce costs while maintaining high levels of quality, service and safety. Our client’s US network spans from Indianapolis, IN, to Rockford, IL, to Duluth, MN and Oklahoma City OK.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Betty is the worlds greatest recruiter! She has helped me find work more times than I can count!Kenny S
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Jim and Nicole, Greetings! I wanted to drop a quick note to you both, and express my gratitude for the job Kory did for my family and I. Kory recently helped my family and I land a direct hire, Lead Mechanic position! He stuck with me until I was sure of exactly what I wanted to land, he listened, and then went after it. He brought several options back to me according to my experience level, and never rushed us as we decided what we needed as a family. He checked back with me, returned calls, and kept me in the loop with out being high pressure. My experience with Kory, is that he is a top notch, "does what he says" employee. He is a credit to your organization and a talented individual. If and when I am in need of a recruiter again, or when I meet with another young man or woman who is, I will certainly pass Kory's name and contact info along- he's top shelf and the kind of employee that gives his employer increasing credibility. Thanks again. CraigDirect Placement Success Story!
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024