CNC Machine Operator
SpecificationsReference Number: 14850BR
Locations: Tulsa, OK
Applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge to set up and operate a numerical control machine to cut, shape, or form metallic and nonmetallic work pieces to specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews setup sheets and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Enters commands to retrieve pre-programmed machine instructions from database and machine control console.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Adjusts machine feed and speed, changes cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) or more years’ experience running a CNC machine
- Able to lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods of time
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024