SpecificationsReference Number: EB-7590453816
Locations: Indianapolis, IN
The Sheet Metal Mechanic is responsible for high proficiency in all minor through major repairs, modifications, E.A.s, and with minimal supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lay out more complicated repairs for pressurized fuselage skins and load carrying primary structure, floor beams, shear ties, circumferential frames etc.
- Excellent understanding of SRM repairs, process flow and terminology
- Ability to read S/M prints and drawings
- Assists/works with level III structures technicians
- Be able to perform job functions with little to no questions
- Possess basic understanding of aircraft milestones and how maintenance checks should flow
- Be able to perform job functions efficiently with negligible re-work
- Able to form complicated parts with joggles, curves in annealed material.
- Able to locate and ream precision holes/ counter sinks in thicker gage structure and parts.
- Able to roto-peen (flap peen) forgings and castings
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment on complicated geometric parts
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 3 years recent sheet metal and structural repairs in a heavy maintenance or Regional Jet environment
- Prior experience on Boeing 727/737/747/757/767/777, Airbus 319/320/330 or CRJ/ERJ aircraft
- Must have minimum required tools.
- Candidates must report on first day with 2 forms of acceptable identification to verify employment eligibility.
- Candidates will take hands on assessment on day 1 of reporting
- Applicants should plan on one week of orientation/training upon arrival
- Onsite gym accessibility at no cost
- Climate controlled hanger
- Food trucks available daily onsite
About Our Client:
Our client is an independent provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers in more than 100 countries. Our client's aftermarket expertise and award-winning solutions help customers increase efficiency and reduce costs while maintaining high levels of quality, service and safety. Our client’s US network spans from Indianapolis, IN, to Rockford, IL, to Duluth, MN and Oklahoma City OK.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Really appreciates that we are on top of everything. He loves how caring we are! He is especially loving the APA Cares Program.Anthony H
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024