SpecificationsReference Number: EB-1414893295
Locations: Indianapolis, IN
The Cabin/Interiors Technician’s main responsibilities will be removal disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing and reinstalling as needed of aircraft cabin furnishings and equipment as galleys, lavatories, seats, overhead compartments, panels and carpeting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Removal disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing and reinstalling as needed of aircraft cabin furnishings and equipment as galleys, lavatories, seats, overhead compartments, panels and carpeting.
- Repair, adjustments and installation of aircraft seats.
- Read and understand blueprints, engineering documents, service bulletins, aircraft manuals and catalogs and perform complex cabin reconfigurations.
- Hold general knowledge of tools.
- Understand how to read a micrometer, depth gauge or dial calipers.
- Identify interior fasteners and determine grip lengths required, and possess basic knowledge of installation methods.
- Clean corrosion and treat metal surfaces per the manufacturer’s instructions and specifications.
- Apply corrosion preventatives and know to which areas of the aircraft corrosion inhibiting liquids may not be applied.
- Accomplish simple sheet metal repairs or simple replacements of structural parts. Fabricate replacement covering, panels or fairings by using the removed parts as samples.
- Understand and practice correctly basic sealing procedures of aircraft
- Identify the locations of pressurized areas of the aircraft.
- Open and close areas on the aircraft which are required to be opened for inspection.
- May affect bonded repairs of honeycomb structures.
- Ensure work performed meets FAA and customer standards.
- Follow standards of behavior and appearance for all staff members.
- Ask questions as necessary to increase knowledge or skill.
- Maintain work area in an orderly and clean manner.
- Clean and remove any foreign objects generated during the course of effecting repairs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 3 years previous Interiors/Cabins experience required.
- Must have minimum required tools.
- Candidates must report on first day with 2 forms of acceptable identification to e-verify employment eligibility.
- Applicants should plan on one week of orientation/training upon arrival
- Onsite gym accessibility at no cost
- Climate controlled hanger
- Food trucks available daily onsite
About Our Client:
Our client is an independent provider of aviation services to commercial and government customers in more than 100 countries. Our client's aftermarket expertise and award-winning solutions help customers increase efficiency and reduce costs while maintaining high levels of quality, service and safety. Our client’s US network spans from Indianapolis, IN, to Rockford, IL, to Duluth, MN and Oklahoma City OK.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Jim and Nicole, Greetings! I wanted to drop a quick note to you both, and express my gratitude for the job Kory did for my family and I. Kory recently helped my family and I land a direct hire, Lead Mechanic position! He stuck with me until I was sure of exactly what I wanted to land, he listened, and then went after it. He brought several options back to me according to my experience level, and never rushed us as we decided what we needed as a family. He checked back with me, returned calls, and kept me in the loop with out being high pressure. My experience with Kory, is that he is a top notch, "does what he says" employee. He is a credit to your organization and a talented individual. If and when I am in need of a recruiter again, or when I meet with another young man or woman who is, I will certainly pass Kory's name and contact info along- he's top shelf and the kind of employee that gives his employer increasing credibility. Thanks again. CraigDirect Placement Success Story!
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024