Sheetmetal Technician III
SpecificationsReference Number: 134949
Locations: Savannah, GA
The Sheetmetal Technician III will perform a variety of structural assembly operations using required tools and appropriate prints, specs and operational requirements to complete work assignment, and ensure conformance to specification. May assist and instruct other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements.
- Possess the proven ability to move to new tasks with only a moderate, short-term impact to established goal hours and schedule.
- Rivet structural members, assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets). Must display the ability to remove fasteners without damaging structures.
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets.
- Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection.
- Instruct and assist other team members in interpretation of blueprints, drawings, and engineering orders; develop methods and shop aids to resolve production installation difficulties and problems.
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs).
- Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Make repairs per Discrepant Material Tags (DMT), Material Review Request (MRR), Production Change Orders (PCO), performs necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S & Lean Initiative Program and complies with all safety regulations.
- Work with little or no supervision.
- May assist/instruct other team members.
- Support Lean Activities.
- 3 years related structural assembly experience
- Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Must be able to use mathematical formulas by solving dimensional problems using fractions, decimal fractions and whole numbers.
- Ability to work with composite resins and materials.
- Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- This client does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is currently a sponsored employee.
- Must report with a valid form of identification
About Our Client:
Our client has led the evolution of business and personal aviation since the 1958 debut of the world’s first purpose-built business aircraft
Today, they produce the world’s most advanced business aircraft, with innovations from nose to tail and wingtip to wingtip, all while offering unmatched global product support and service.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Jim and Nicole, Greetings! I wanted to drop a quick note to you both, and express my gratitude for the job Kory did for my family and I. Kory recently helped my family and I land a direct hire, Lead Mechanic position! He stuck with me until I was sure of exactly what I wanted to land, he listened, and then went after it. He brought several options back to me according to my experience level, and never rushed us as we decided what we needed as a family. He checked back with me, returned calls, and kept me in the loop with out being high pressure. My experience with Kory, is that he is a top notch, "does what he says" employee. He is a credit to your organization and a talented individual. If and when I am in need of a recruiter again, or when I meet with another young man or woman who is, I will certainly pass Kory's name and contact info along- he's top shelf and the kind of employee that gives his employer increasing credibility. Thanks again. CraigDirect Placement Success Story!
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024