SpecificationsReference Number: EB-5568188162
Locations: Englewood, Co
The Avionics Technician performs complex troubleshooting, routine and non-routine repairs, checks and installations of avionics systems and sub-systems on corporate jet & turboprop aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot various Avionics Systems, (Wx Radar, EFIS, Autopilot, Flight Management Systems, Air Data Systems, Com, Nav, Transponder, Data Management, etc)
- Perform operational/functional checks, and Inspections on Avionics Systems.
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective components based on analysis of test results, following schematics, component maintenance manuals, and other technical documents.
- Interrupt drawings, specifications and schematics of aircraft instrument/electronic components.
- Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies and components according to aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications.
- Use complex test equipment such as IFR-6000, IFR-4000, Laversab 6300, time domain reflectometers, frequency counters, multi-meters, deviation meters, and other specialized equipment to perform operational checks of avionics systems.
- Perform altimeter system and altitude reporting checks in compliance with FAR Part 91.411/413, and applicable RVSM requirements.
- Document maintenance and inspection results in accordance with Part 145 policy and procedures.
- Communicates with the avionics manager concerning progress of the assigned work.
- 4+ years experience working as an avionics technician required.
- Previous FAA Part 145 repair station experience required.
- Detailed knowledge of the operation of avionics systems including communication, navigation, auto-pilot/flight director, DME, transponder, weather radar, Satcom, Flight Management, EFIS, GPS, cabin entertainment.
- Strong working knowledge of Rockwell Collins Proline II, IV, 21; Honeywell SPZ Series, Honeywell Primus 1000, Honeywell Epic, Garmin G1000, G3000, Aircell High Speed Data, & Universal Flight Management Systems.
- Knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals, publications, instructions, special tools and test equipment.
- Familiar with aircraft electrical wiring installation practices and able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Corridor MRO software experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have own tools
- Associates degree in Aviation Electronics, Aviation Maintenance, or similar subject, or 10+ years of equivalent work experience is required.
- Airframe & Power plant License is preferred but not required
- Repairman Certificate is preferred
- Formal Rockwell Collins, Honeywell, Bendix King, & Garmin training preferred
About Our Client:
Our client is headquartered at Centennial Airport with convenient bases in Aspen, Fort Collins, Grand Junction, Durango, White Plains in New York, and Hayden/Steamboat Springs.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Jim and Nicole, Greetings! I wanted to drop a quick note to you both, and express my gratitude for the job Kory did for my family and I. Kory recently helped my family and I land a direct hire, Lead Mechanic position! He stuck with me until I was sure of exactly what I wanted to land, he listened, and then went after it. He brought several options back to me according to my experience level, and never rushed us as we decided what we needed as a family. He checked back with me, returned calls, and kept me in the loop with out being high pressure. My experience with Kory, is that he is a top notch, "does what he says" employee. He is a credit to your organization and a talented individual. If and when I am in need of a recruiter again, or when I meet with another young man or woman who is, I will certainly pass Kory's name and contact info along- he's top shelf and the kind of employee that gives his employer increasing credibility. Thanks again. CraigDirect Placement Success Story!
Betty is the worlds greatest recruiter! She has helped me find work more times than I can count!Kenny S
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024