SpecificationsReference Number: EB-5568188162
Locations: Englewood, Co
The Avionics Technician performs complex troubleshooting, routine and non-routine repairs, checks and installations of avionics systems and sub-systems on corporate jet & turboprop aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot various Avionics Systems, (Wx Radar, EFIS, Autopilot, Flight Management Systems, Air Data Systems, Com, Nav, Transponder, Data Management, etc)
- Perform operational/functional checks, and Inspections on Avionics Systems.
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective components based on analysis of test results, following schematics, component maintenance manuals, and other technical documents.
- Interrupt drawings, specifications and schematics of aircraft instrument/electronic components.
- Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies and components according to aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications.
- Use complex test equipment such as IFR-6000, IFR-4000, Laversab 6300, time domain reflectometers, frequency counters, multi-meters, deviation meters, and other specialized equipment to perform operational checks of avionics systems.
- Perform altimeter system and altitude reporting checks in compliance with FAR Part 91.411/413, and applicable RVSM requirements.
- Document maintenance and inspection results in accordance with Part 145 policy and procedures.
- Communicates with the avionics manager concerning progress of the assigned work.
- 4+ years experience working as an avionics technician required.
- Previous FAA Part 145 repair station experience required.
- Detailed knowledge of the operation of avionics systems including communication, navigation, auto-pilot/flight director, DME, transponder, weather radar, Satcom, Flight Management, EFIS, GPS, cabin entertainment.
- Strong working knowledge of Rockwell Collins Proline II, IV, 21; Honeywell SPZ Series, Honeywell Primus 1000, Honeywell Epic, Garmin G1000, G3000, Aircell High Speed Data, & Universal Flight Management Systems.
- Knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals, publications, instructions, special tools and test equipment.
- Familiar with aircraft electrical wiring installation practices and able to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Corridor MRO software experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have own tools
- Associates degree in Aviation Electronics, Aviation Maintenance, or similar subject, or 10+ years of equivalent work experience is required.
- Airframe & Power plant License is preferred but not required
- Repairman Certificate is preferred
- Formal Rockwell Collins, Honeywell, Bendix King, & Garmin training preferred
About Our Client:
Our client is headquartered at Centennial Airport with convenient bases in Aspen, Fort Collins, Grand Junction, Durango, White Plains in New York, and Hayden/Steamboat Springs.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024