Avionics Modifications Specialist - Business Jet
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-1277226331
Locations: Lincoln, NE
With limited supervision, the Avionics Modifications Specialist installs, troubleshoots and repairs aircraft wiring and avionics systems using various hand tools, test equipment and technical reference materials to meet manufacturing specifications, approved procedures, FARs, and industry standards in a safe, clean and organized work area
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With limited supervision, performs wire marking, bundling and pre-pinning of systems to be installed.
- With limited supervision, performs routing of wiring throughout aircraft and connecting wiring to accessories such as relays, circuit breakers, connectors and switches. Learns and performs preparation and pinning of new system terminations per manufacturer specifications, approved procedures, and FARs.
- With limited supervision, disassembles and reassembles aircraft interior, instrument panels and avionics equipment bays prior to and/or following the installation of wiring and/or repair of avionics systems, using proper handling and storage techniques. Learns to properly document all removal and installation of aircraft parts and accessories according Installation approved procedures.
- With limited supervision, performs wiring checks and limited/basic system checks to ensure functionality of wiring installations.
- With limited supervision, adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts and wiring on aircraft systems and avionics equipment.
- With limited supervision, troubleshoots, identifies and reports problems to senior technicians. Identifies Engineering / OEM design errors and consults with senior technicians for a corrective course of action.
- With limited supervision, documents a description of work completed on the work order and demonstrates an understanding of the work order procedure.
- Maintains current industry, equipment and FAA knowledge by attending factory classes, OJT and by researching and reading technical documents, trade publications, FAR’s, etc. Assists lesser-experienced technicians in interpreting Company policies and the FAR’s.
- Available to work all department alternate shifts as needed, and able to accomplish road trips within the United States and also other countries as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Four years related avionics or electronics experience required
- Two years avionics installations experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
About Our Client:
Our client is the largest family owned maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in the world, providing complete acquisition, sales and nose-to-tail support services for business aircraft.
They provide premier aircraft services–delivered on time–for a wide variety of business aircraft at our facilities across the United States.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
Really appreciates that we are on top of everything. He loves how caring we are! He is especially loving the APA Cares Program.Anthony H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024