SpecificationsReference Number: EB-6275548380
Locations: Mobile, AL
The Sheet Metal Mechanic is responsible for high proficiency in all minor through major repairs, modifications, E.A.s, and with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove and replace various aircraft components with the use of special tooling and ground support equipment following oral and written instructions such as supervisor’s directives and manuals to complete all routine and non-routine assignments in a timely manner.
- Proficient detail blueprint reading, ability to read, interpret and work from service bulletins, engineering work orders, major S.R.M. structural repairs.
- Ability to layout work using bend radius, set back and bend allowance charts, utilization of shop math, install and/or splice spars, landing gear, trunion changes, pressure bulkhead repairs and keal beam repairs/ removal and reinstall.
- Knowledge of ATA codes, knowledge of all applicable F.A.R.’s and company policies and procedures including job card/ time card, routine/ non-routine cards, S.R.M.’s, service bulletins, E.O.’s, and work sign-off/ sell-off procedures.
- Perform the duties of and provide the necessary training for lower skill levels.
- Maintain and store tools in a serviceable condition.
- Adhere to safe maintenance practices and keep a clean work area.
- Maintain and supply personal records of work performed on OJT forms for the Training Department.
- Successfully complete any courses deemed necessary by the Training Department.
- Perform any work that may be assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ experience on commercial aircraft
- Experience and/or training on B757, B767, A319/320/A330/A300 preferred. Military aircraft experience will be considered.
- Must have minimum required tools.
- Tools must be etched
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Candidates must report on first day with 2 forms of acceptable identification to verify employment eligibility.
- Applicants should plan on one week of orientation/training upon arrival
- APA offers on site representation
- Food trucks available daily onsite
About Our Client:
Our client company is an MRO with special expertise in modifications and engineering services. Having been in business for over 25+ years, our client has redelivered more than 5,000 aircraft to major passenger and freight airlines.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4000
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Jim and Nicole, Greetings! I wanted to drop a quick note to you both, and express my gratitude for the job Kory did for my family and I. Kory recently helped my family and I land a direct hire, Lead Mechanic position! He stuck with me until I was sure of exactly what I wanted to land, he listened, and then went after it. He brought several options back to me according to my experience level, and never rushed us as we decided what we needed as a family. He checked back with me, returned calls, and kept me in the loop with out being high pressure. My experience with Kory, is that he is a top notch, "does what he says" employee. He is a credit to your organization and a talented individual. If and when I am in need of a recruiter again, or when I meet with another young man or woman who is, I will certainly pass Kory's name and contact info along- he's top shelf and the kind of employee that gives his employer increasing credibility. Thanks again. CraigDirect Placement Success Story!
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Really appreciates that we are on top of everything. He loves how caring we are! He is especially loving the APA Cares Program.Anthony H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024