Avionics Install - Business Jet - 2nd shift
SpecificationsReference Number: EB-6800614071
Locations: Springfield, Il
This a 2nd shift position working 4/10s.
This position is responsible for performing Avionics installation on on business jets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tests, installs, and/or repairs electrical/avionics equipment and systems, including systems and controls contained in the flight compartment. Routes wire throughout aircraft tying into both new and factory installed wire bundles, and may assist in functional check-out and troubleshooting of all wiring systems. Performs less difficult assignments without assistance or supervision. Care and precision must be exercised in order to ensure quality installations, on-time deliveries, and satisfied customers. As customers are on site at the facilities, professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
- Installs, aligns, and wires electrical and electronic components such as instruments, sensors, radio communications, antennas, J-boxes, lights, etc. Determines the best location and method for installing and removing electronic equipment and systems by applying general trade practices and adhering to prints originated by Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, various mod centers (STC’s), and many aircraft manufacturers’ wiring diagrams.
- Fabricates wiring harnesses; solders connector plugs; strips and hand lugs wiring; identifies wiring and fabricates and installs surface control indicating systems; performs terminal splicing; wires junction boxes; routes wiring and conduit; and performs any other electrical bench or installation work as necessary to complete the electrical repair or modification of the aircraft.
- Performs continuity checks and may assist in the functional check-out of complete aircraft systems.
- Assists in performing more complex electrical work as required. May assist in troubleshooting, locating, and correcting wiring difficulties.
- Operates hand and power tools. May operate electrical test equipment. Must be familiar with color coding and symbols used in identifying hardware and components.
- Must have knowledge of power sources and bonding and grounding techniques.
- Adheres to shop standards, various manufacturers’ standards and practices and has knowledge of various federal and military standards including FAA Advisory Circulars.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other StandardAero facilities as required.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of avionics installation experience required, corporate jet experience preferred.
- FCC license required; A&P License preferred.
- Must have knowledge of both electrical and electronic theories and be able to understand and follow wiring diagrams.
About Our Client:
Global leader in Aircraft and Power Plant maintenance, repair and overhaul. This specific location is part of a Business Jet Service network, focusing on Falcon, Gulfstream, Citation, Bombardier and Embraer airframes.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (817) 529-4001
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Really appreciates that we are on top of everything. He loves how caring we are! He is especially loving the APA Cares Program.Anthony H
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024