Aircraft Painter Assistant
SpecificationsReference Number: 14468BR
Locations: Tulsa, OK
Applies basic, and some intermediate technical skills and knowledge related to production procedures to prepare parts for the application of primer and paint, assist in painting operations and polishes and buffs aluminum aircraft skins and other metal products to achieve the specified end product finish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads, learns and interprets specifications and work scope shown in writing on work orders.
- Determines proper method to complete work assignments.
- May be required to assemble or disassemble parts and assemblies to perform specified work operation.
- Prepares parts for paint application by hand or machine sanding, filing, caulking, sealing and cleaning.
- Selects the appropriate personal protective equipment and performs the specified operation.
- Ensures respirator is working properly and is properly worn when using a respirator.
- Polishes and buffs metals to remove scratches and other defects from metal surface.
- Uses hand held or stationary polishing equipment such as orbital sander, freestanding polish wheels and hand sanding to accomplish the work.
- Selects polishing medium per work instructions such as sanding disks, emery paper, abrasive cake or lubricant.
- Holds part against polish wheel and/or moves polishing equipment over surfaces of work-piece to remove fine scratches and to achieve specified finish.
- Performs minor filling operations related to the cosmetic appearance of the part being worked.
- Polishes recessed areas with fine grade emery cloth and performs masking operations,
- Assists and learns calculation of mix ratios in order to mix paint, sealant and other materials.
- Ensures compliance with environmental regulations and maintains records in accordance with these environmental regulations.
- Performs hand and spray application of primer and topcoat to aircraft parts.
- Completes and maintains necessary paperwork for documenting processes performed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in a manufacturing or automotive shop preferred
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Betty is the worlds greatest recruiter! She has helped me find work more times than I can count!Kenny S
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024