SpecificationsReference Number: 14433BR
Locations: Tulsa, OK
Applies basic and some advanced technical skills and knowledge in original equipment manufacturing of final paint application on original equipment manufactured parts, components and complete subsystems for operational aircraft applications. Performs any of the detailed work operations required to be completed in this area of specialization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs assembly of original equipment manufacturing of parts, components and subsystems for aircraft applications using products and processes are varied but generally not complex in scope to apply primer, topcoat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to aircraft parts consistent with government, customer and company standards.
- Reads and interprets specifications and documents to define the scope of work on work orders.
- Cleans grease and dirt from product.
- Removes rust from metal with acid, wire brush, or steel wool.
- Applies masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
- Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface.
- Computes mix ratios in order to mix paint materials.
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color.
- Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to air hose.
- Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray.
- Selects the appropriate personal protective equipment for the operation to be performed.
- Applies spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish using protective or decorative material such as paint, enamel, glaze, gel-coat, or lacquer.
- Coats areas inaccessible to hand sprayer with brush.
- Heats and sprays wax onto products after they are tested.
- Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with solvent.
- Ensures compliance with environment regulations and maintains records in accordance with these environment regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical school and two (2) to four (4) or more years of aircraft or formal automotive painting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 180-3400 Ex. 5____
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Betty is the worlds greatest recruiter! She has helped me find work more times than I can count!Kenny S
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024