Metrology Technician A
SpecificationsReference Number: 14363BR
Locations: Tulsa, OK
The Metrology Technician A operates Metrology equipment to perform inspection, data gathering, reverse engineering and data analysis functions on tools and parts and components for operational aircraft applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines plans and actions from standard procedural alternatives.
- Performs the required programming, preparation, setup and operation of Metrology equipment such as measurement arms and laser scanners/radars that is varied and moderately complex to complex in scope. The level of work requires experience and sound judgment.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings and tools designs which allow for the inspection of fabricated parts and manufactured tooling.
- Utilizes Metrology equipment software application packages to collect two (2) and three (3) dimensional data of actual parts and tools for inspection, analysis comparison or reverse engineering.
- Inspects new and reworked tools using Metrology equipment for tool buy-off purposes calibration and/or benchmarking purposes.
- Maintains proper documentation for inspections, calibrations and part sampling.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair of Metrology equipment, conducts calibrations on Metrology equipment.
- Coordinates with tooling and other departments to assure scheduling of work will support production schedules and to provide adequate notice when schedules are revised.
- Coordinates with hardware/software support personnel to resolve problems with machinery or program errors.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four (4) or more years inspection experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Experience with Spatial Analyzer or similar software
- Experience analyzing Metrology reports
- Experience with writing inspection plans
- Familiarity with Leica Trackers and ROMER Arms
- Familiarity with NADCAP AC7130
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Betty is the worlds greatest recruiter! She has helped me find work more times than I can count!Kenny S
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024