Metrology Engineer II
SpecificationsReference Number: 14362BR
Locations: Tulsa, OK
The Metrology Engineer II Applies advanced knowledge of principles, theories and concepts and industry practices and standards related to the design, development, testing, manufacturing, repair and certification of aircraft structures, component parts and related component systems and subsystems for operational aircraft that are consistent with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret & consolidate aircraft engineering, tooling designs and production requirements, to develop optimized measurement plans and processes.
- Under limited supervision, develop programing for all measurement equipment that will be used in the development, manufacture and support of client programs.
- Collaborate with engineering, tooling, manufacturing engineering and operations to determine optimal manufacturing procedures.
- Develop and document standards for the handling and utilization of metrology equipment.
- Create standardized and custom inspection reports through the utilization of Metrologic software.
- Study and optimize equipment performance for increased capacity and equipment efficiency.
- Interact and collaborate with equipment vendors on warranty repairs, necessary improvements and upgrades.
- May act as Team Leader, assigning work tasks, maintaining work load schedules, and setting priorities to ensure timely completion of department goals and corporate objectives.
- Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; validates measurement results for accuracy and repeatability.
- Provide and/or contribute to the documentation of new or recent processes involving metrology techniques or equipment.
- Define and document required specification for additional metrology equipment using existing or known processes.
- Independently lead/coordinate the implementation of projects between multiple organizations.
- Lead AC7130 NADCAP Measurement and Inspection accreditation.
- Support all Safety, Sustainability and Ergonomic Initiatives
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelors in Engineering or Science preferred
- Three (3) to six (6) years of experience
- Extensive knowledge of 3D CAD/CATIA modeling and a strong understanding of GD&T
- Experience designing and developing inspection plans in CATIA and Spatial Analyzer (Metrology Software) for use by Metrology Techs
- Experience developing procedures and processes that support compliance to standards such as NADCAP Measurement and Inspection
- Experience analyzing metrology reports
- Familiarity with CAPS-NC or similar
- Knowledge of Lean and/or Six Sigma Principles
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
Thanks for sending me here Suzy. You are a wonderful recruiter! In fact you are my favorite recruiter of all the contract houses I have ever worked for! And I have worked for a lot of contract agencies in the past 18 years. You always take great care of me! It is a pleasure having you on my team!!!Jimmy M.
Betty is the worlds greatest recruiter! She has helped me find work more times than I can count!Kenny S
“Thanks for being so professional and easy to work with!”Aaron G
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024