Metrology Engineer II
SpecificationsReference Number: 14362BR
Locations: Tulsa, OK
The Metrology Engineer II Applies advanced knowledge of principles, theories and concepts and industry practices and standards related to the design, development, testing, manufacturing, repair and certification of aircraft structures, component parts and related component systems and subsystems for operational aircraft that are consistent with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops solutions to a variety of moderate complexity or unusual engineering or technical problems or assignments requiring judgment and ingenuity to work within engineering protocols in the analysis, design and/or repair development of aircraft structures, power plant component parts, mechanical and electrical systems/structures and subsystems for commercial, military, executive, general aviation, or special purpose applications on operational aircraft.
- Analyzes and interprets engineering proposals and documentation such as drawings, material and product specifications, structural repair manuals (SRMs), component maintenance manuals (CMMs) and illustrated parts lists (IPLs/IPCs) to develop design and/or repair schemes approaches.
- Confers with management to clarify or resolve problems.
- Designs and develops and/or repairs of structural, power plant and other operational and structural components that are used in operating aircraft. This includes producing or assisting in the production of computer aided drawings and engineering reports.
- Develops design and/or repair data packages and obtains FAA approvals through internal and external FAA Designated Engineering Representatives (DERs); troubleshoot failure modes, communicate and interact with customer engineering groups and/or internal personnel for design, development and/or cost effective repair schemes and approvals.
- Designs and develops analytical programs concerned with ground or flight testing, or development of acoustic, thermodynamic, or propulsion systems.
- Tests models, prototypes, subassemblies, or production items to study and evaluate operational characteristics and effects of stress imposed during actual or simulated operational conditions.
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelors in Engineering or Science preferred
- Three (3) to six (6) years of experience
- Experience using CATIA V5 and GD&T
- Experience designing and developing inspection plans in CATIA and Spatial Analyzer (Metrology Software) for use by Metrology Techs
- Experience developing procedures and processes that support compliance to standards such as NADCAP Measurement and Inspection
- Experience analyzing metrology reports
- Familiarity with CAPS-NC or similar
About Our Client:
This client is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and has an International footprint. As a manufacturer, supplier, and MRO, our client has diversified to become a major aerospace player in multiple arenas. This client desires candidates that are seeking long term commitments with the opportunity to become direct employees of the organization.
APA Services, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
Benefits of working with APA Services:
Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Cash Advances, Travel Pay and/or bonuses on Select Contracts.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the APA Services family give us a call at (918) 803-4005
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we look forward to working with you soon.
I really appreciate the open lines of communication throughout my contractMarko S
APA has taken care of me for the past 10 years and I will never work for another contract company! They treat me great!Jonathan H
Just wanted to let you know that this is a great company to work for and I have worked for many in 21 years.Randy G
Connect With Us
4150 International Plaza, Tower I, Suite 510
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Job Inquiries: (888) 272-7868 Admin/Payroll: (877) 425-5023 Admin/Payroll Fax: (800) 285-8879 Compliance: (844) 285-8801 Compliance Fax: (877) 985-8805 Recruiting: (888) 272-7868 Recruiting Fax: (800) 285-8805 Sales: (877) 425-5024